Monday, October 02, 2006

E-mail sent September 18

Ran Annim!!! For those of you that haven't caught on Ran Annim means Hello in Chuukese which i am battling with trying to learn. I pick a few words up here and there but hopefully i can start carrying converations in a few more months. Crazy thing is that it has already been a little over a month that i have been here and time has just flown by. I can only imagine that the next thing i know it i will be on my way back to the states in some form or another after being "Ruined for Life" as the Jesuit Volunteer Motto goes. We have finished off the first half of the first quarter and we have just returned from a retreat off island. What's crazy about retreats, is back home we go up to the mountains to get away. Out here in Chuuk we hop on a small motor boat and head to a small island less than a mile wide or long. But it is so beautiful, I am still working towards putting some pictures online and i assure you they are worth the wait. But School has been going great. I am continually reminded of how blessed i am to have recieved such an awesome education, and there is not a day that goes by that i don't thank my professors for all that they taught me because the knowledge is priceless. So for all of you in school, thank your professors now because there is no way to know the tremendous help and affect they will have on your lives until you are out of school. That goes the same for coaching. Boy is it tough being a coach. Especially in a sport that me and my co coach have no mastery in. But i have my nose in the books for basketball just as much as i do for teaching which is crazy. Me and Lincoln were talking after our first week of school, that When we were in college (how old does that make me sound) all we could think about was not being in school anymore, now that we are out and on the other end, we realize it is so much harder from here and can't wait to go back to school :) But life continues very well and very enjoyable. Chuuk is slowly becoming home more and more each day, and with each sunset that ends our day I am reminded of the thousands of blessings i have in my life, one of the biggest ones is the opportunity to be out here, and to know that there is so much i have to be thankful for back home especially every single one of you! So Kinisou Chapur! Thank you! Muchas Gracias! Know that you are all in my heart and prayers! I love you all and can't wait to here from you!!!

No comments: