Monday, October 02, 2006

E-mail sent August 27

Sorry its been awhile but you have all been in my prayers! Thanks to all of you who have emailed i will try to send individual replies as often as i can, but here is a little very quick update on how amazing life has been! I have finished my first week of teaching and BOY is it tough!! These kids are incredible and are a huge blessing to my life but man 10th graders are just crazy!!! They are a lot of fun though! I am teaching to sections of 10th graders 36 students each in REligion and Music and Art!!! Its excellent!!! Its so wild to be living my life dream ;) and i can't stop thanking God for bringing me to a such an amazing place!!! It has been so amazing! Last weekend we went off Weno to a smaller island in the lagoon called Siis where they honored us by killing a pig!!! It was a big deal and we got to watch them do it!!! It was delicious and i so often forget that i used to be vegetarian...what was i thinking! No its cool but to my vegetarians the fish here is unreal and it is done so well!!! The beauty of the reef fish that we eat is unbelievable, its like someone went into some rich persons aquarium and then threw their fish on my plate and said "Samonga" Which is so excellent!!! Learning the language has been tough but i am working really hard cause i want to get it down!!! there are just so many amazing things about the Micronesian culture, and how each different island within micronesia is so different as well!!! They have us in charge of Fitness which has been really awesome!!! Being a PE coach! Wow!! I think i always secretly dreamt about being a coach and didn't know it, probably cause of how my dad raised me!!! Always being the best coach any son could have!!! And so ontop of helping out with the jumping jacks and push ups the students are really stoked about having the "Americans" be the Basketball coach especially the one from the home town of the Lakers :) Two problems, Lincoln is Canadian and B. neither of us are any good at basketball :) If you have any pointers send 'em my way!!! If not i will rely on the 80's basketball coaching books that we found in the Library!!! If anything just pray for us I am big on winning so hopefully there will be some divine intervention that will turn me into this all star basketball coach... watch out Phil Jackson here i come!!!! So i would have to say one of the most incredible nights we have had yet was meeting the President of the FSM which was incredible!!! He was here in Chuuk on a tour to the outer islands and Sr. Erencia who has been like our adopted mother and has just taken care of me and Lincoln since we got here, she has been great, but no body cooks like you do mom!!!! she is awesome, and she is related to the president and so she was able to invite us along to a BBQ he was having and i got to hang out and talk to the National Security advisor on Foreign Affairs!!! It was crazy!!! So blessed!!! But i have tons of correcting to do so i am gonna have to peace out but know that i love you all and that I carry you in my heart always!!! I can't wait to hear from you and hear how you all are doing!!! So keep those emails coming and know that i love you all so much!!! paz y amor.

No comments: